[tex-k] format files

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard@kammer.uni-hannover.de
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:09:45 +0200

Hi,
I have a metapost file that begins with "%&latex".  I could process
this file until teTeX-beta-20021013 (web2c-7.3.8).  Now I have to use
the commandline option --tex=latex.  "%&latex" is ignored and plain
TeX is used.  Is this desired?

I know that sth. like "%&latex" has been problematic in the past, but
it worked for me the last few months even though latex was in fact
elatex.  A year ago that caused trouble, as far as I remember.

BTW, it doesn't work now even with latex=latex.

Another problem is that "tex \&latex myfile" doesn't work properly.
I think that this is a real bug because Knuth said that it should
work.

Is it difficult to scan the commandline for a \&<format> and, unless
there is no --progname option, set --progname=<format> implicitly?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard@kammer.uni-hannover.de