[tex-k] dvilj : does not handle postscript commands

Eric GUERIN Eric GUERIN <eguerin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 11:33:49 +0100

Thomas Esser wrote:
> > Because I have a HP LaserJet 4 'm' and Ghostscript (both GNU and AFPL versions)
> > does not handle very well this printer. (and I'm tired waiting for the printer
> > to print postscript documents containing images...)
>
> Well, IIRC, that 'm' version of the LaserJet 4 *has* a build-in PostScript
> interpreter. So, you can just use dvips (without ghostscript).

Sure ! I just told it spends a lot of time printing in postscript mode
(sometimes several minutes per page) compared to PCL (very fast even if the page
is full of big images).

--
Eric GUERIN - eguerin@ligim.univ-lyon1.fr
LIGIM (Laboratoire d'Informatique Graphique, Image et Modelisation)