[tex-k] Bug report

Jordi Petit i Silvestre jpetit@lsi.upc.es
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:38:08 +0100

Dear developpers,

I am surprised to see that bibtex breaks lines at 80 columns.
This never has been a problem for me untill I found tham a Latex
command has been broken between lines:

\bibitem{Alvarez:2000:CTP}
C.~{\`A}lvarez, J.~D\'{\i}az, R.~Cases, J.~Petit, and M.~Serna.
\newblock Communication tree problems.
\newblock Technical report, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Departament
  de Llenguatges i Sistemes Informàtics,
  \wwww{http://www.lsi.upc.es/~jpetit/Publications}{http://www.lsi.upc.es/$\si%
m$jpetit/Publications}, 2000.

As you can see, in the bbl file \sim is broken between lines,
resulting in a compilation error latter, in latex.

It seems to me that it should be some option to not allow line breaks,
but this is not documented in the -h option.

I will write a simple script to correct that for me, but I thought you
would be interested in hearing about this problem.

Best regards,

Jordi Petit i Silvestre