[tex-k] Plain text PFA files in dvipsk

kahl@heraklit.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de kahl@heraklit.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de
19 Apr 2001 09:39:15 -0000

Hi Tom,

> It occured to me that the problem you are seeing comes from
> trying to subset a font that is not a Type 1 font.
> dvips 5.78 supports the -j0 option, so use that.

Many thanks! (It even works with 5.86 :-)

That also led me to the portable/transparent solution:
changing ``<RelSymb.pfa'' to ``<<RelSymb.pfa''
in the psfonts.map fragment.

Even in retrospect, I still find it confusing that the dvips documentation
uses the phrase ``PostScript font'' where, to my current understanding,
it really only means ``Type 1 font''.

With the red book at hand, everybody can quickly write a PostScript font....

Many thanks again!

Best regards,

Wolfram