[tex-hyphen] hyph-de-1996.hyp.txt

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:54:53 CET 2020

Dear Jürgen,

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 11:15, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> Hi all
>
> language.dat.lua (TL 19 updated today) has the following entry:
>
>         ['ngerman-x-2019-04-04'] = {
>                 loader = 'dehyphn-x-2019-04-04.tex',
>                 lefthyphenmin = 2,
>                 righthyphenmin = 2,
>                 synonyms = { 'ngerman-x-latest' },
>                 patterns = 'hyph-de-1996.pat.txt',
>                 hyphenation = 'hyph-de-1996.hyp.txt',
>         },
>
> However, the referred file hyph-de-1996.hyp.txt  does not seem to
> exist. Similar for hyph-de-1901.hyp.txt.

Thanks a lot for the report. Arthur removed those (empty) files at
some point and we changed all files belonging to hyph-utf8, but forgot
about dehyh-explt.

I hope that I fixed it now, can you please test again tomorrow or
maybe a day later? (Update should happen around 2-4 am UTC, and  then
the mirrors might need up to 24 hours to catch up.)

> Shouldn't these files be there (or the reference changed)?

Not really.
We had numerous complaints from CTAN for shipping empty files :)
I removed the references from tlpsrc files, let's hope they
proliferate correctly to the generated files.