[tex-hyphen] Newbie: Question about pattern structure

Nathalie Backhaus molesmaster at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 22 14:30:58 CEST 2019

Hi there!

For my apprenticeship, I have to learn about hyphenation patterns and
structures. Unfortunately, I didn't find some helpful documentation or
something else to read and answer my Questions.

Can someone explain to me how I can understand Hyphen patterns'
structure? E.g., I have a line like "3s2teue". What does the digits
mean here? Where can I read details About these structures like
Digit-letter connections or punctuation in it etc.?

I would be very glad to get some help of you.

Best,

Nathalie