[tex-hyphen] extending `hyph-zh-latn-pinyin.tex'

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Nov 24 16:02:44 CET 2018

Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>   Regardless, ngC should always been broken before C, I had missed these
> patterns.  Thanks for the example.  Do you agree to the others of my
> proposed changes?

Not yet had a chance to look at them; the "ng" one leapt out at me because of a related discussion on LL concerning Vietnamese, in which "ng" also occurs; we were trying to decide whether there are any instances of "l...ng...l" (for "l" in arbitrary letter) which could actually mean both "l...n" "g...l" and "l...ng" "...l" if the author had (for whatever reason) chosen to omit the word-separating space ... (i.e., all of "l...n", "g...l", l...ng" and "...l" are attested, and make grammatical sense when juxtaposed as shewn).

I will try to look later, but need to set off for bar duty at the hotel now (Rotary Presidents' Night).

** Phil.