[tex-hyphen] Procedure for adding alternative patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:09:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

You may attach files up to a certain size (not sure about the exact
settings for this mailing list, but attaching text files should be no
problem). In case of bigger documents, they should be uploaded
somewhere else first (or potentially sent off-list).

My suggestion would be to post the files first along with some
comparison and only then contact the author about the opinion of the
new patterns.

It would be a very bad idea to upset the author upfront with a request
to discard all the work he did, at the same time changing the exact
layout of all documents typeset in Bulgarian. Changing the patterns
should not be taken lightly. Let's first see what we have, which words
are hyphenated differently (what is correct and what is wrong) and
only then start discussing the changes / improvements in the
distribution.

If there were no previous patterns for the language, we would probably
take anything. But replacing the patterns (even for improvements) is a
more sensitive area.

If you are asking about the best way to get the message from the
author: my preference would be to get his direct response rather than
some translation. But I believe it's too soon to contact him until we
have something concrete to show.