[tex-hyphen] Procedure for adding alternative patterns

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Sep 25 20:34:56 CEST 2017

	Hi Stojan,

  To stress the central part of Mojca’s longish message, it would really
be best if you could get some people to work on the patterns and come up
with a file that is definitely better than the current one, so that we
can simply replace the current file.  Contrary to her, I do believe it’s
entirely possible for patterns of unoptimal quality to be in use for
decades without anyone reporting it -- unfortunately it’s very hard for
us to get people to give us real feedback.  I do in any case remember
seeing some weird things in the Bulgarian patterns.

  In any case, if you do come up with a new set of patterns, we
recommend the MIT licence (https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT).  It’s a
very simple licence, and -- as any free software licence -- it allows
the authors to formally retain the copyright.  If you use someone else’s
file, the conditions they put on them it apply, of course.

	Best,

		Arthur