[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation patterns for Belarusian

Maksim Salau maksim.salau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 07:55:18 CEST 2016

Hi Arthur,

Many thanks for sample ldf-file!

I looked at your https://github.com/reutenauer/hyph-be/blob/master/three-consonants.rb
It lists 3 consonants in a row, but this is not an issue if is in the middle of a word.
I meant only those at the end of a word. E.g.: /[#{cons}]{3}$/

Also I've made some progress in determining if hyphenation in the middle of дж/дз is allowed.
Here is the script https://github.com/msalau/hyph-be/blob/master/list-dz.py
And output https://github.com/msalau/hyph-be/blob/master/list-dz.txt
I started with empty PATTERNS and added patterns until all words are covered.
There are still 95 words (7 patterns) to be determined, but overall picture is already clear:
hyphenation is allowed in 579 words (39 patterns) and is prohibited in 1280 words (69 patterns).
So I can conclude that hyphenation of дж/дз is an exception.
I'll try to find someone to review the list.

There is also a alternative and 100% correct way: prohibit hyphenation in the middle of дж/дз and right before it.
E.g.: 8д8ж 8д8з
This will be valid for all cases :)

Best regards,
Maksim.