[tex-hyphen] String preparation

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu May 26 23:10:20 CEST 2016

> in etex_man.pdf, e.g. `texdoc etex`, section 3.10

  Thanks.

> the idea behind \savinghyphcodes is that character
> equivalence settings for given language expressed
> by \lccode mappings are saved and frozen in the
> format file.

  I just read it in the eTeX manual.  It may help for some purposes, but
not really for the case at hand: here we want to be able to specify that
we either 1. ignore some characters for hyphenation purposes, or 2. consider
some character *sequences* equivalent to others, so unfortunately I
don’t think that’s going to help.

	Best,

		Arthur