[tex-hyphen] String preparation

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed May 25 20:41:20 CEST 2016

> The sequence <œ, combining acute> is seen as weird because it’s the
> first one in a Latin-script language that cannot be input as a single
> Unicode character.

I think the main point is that it is not treated the same way as œ. For
instance with right/lefthyphenmin = 2, we have

œ́-di-pus
œdi-pus

while they should be the same...

> What do you mean?

If I understand correctly, you're saying that in order to have œ treated
as 2 characters (with lefthyphenmin=2), I should have lefthyphenmin=1
and completely redo the patterns so that all the sequences of two
characters at the beginning of a word do not get separated... If I
understood correctly, that just looks terrible...

Thank you,
--
Elie