[tex-hyphen] A "short" summary of the licence-related meeting

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 26 14:29:30 CET 2016

Hi all,

Please not that the hyphenation patterns for Dutch are extremely
outdated. They originate from approximately 1995. In 2005, the Dutch
language (used in Netherlands, Belgium and Suriname) has undergone some
spelling changes, rendering these patterns incorrect.

So, please do *not* integrate or use these patterns for Dutch not yet
into new software until there is a newer version available. We expected
these will be there in early 2017. Some people attach great value to
spelling advise found in Google search results or other writing tools
and software. So better no support than incorrect support.

Thanks,

Pander