[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation patterns for Belarusian

Maksim Salau maksim.salau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:42:42 CEST 2016

>   Actually, making the patterns acceptable to TeX is easy, I can do that
> for you.  I think it would be more interesting to analyse the logic
> behind them, and hopefully fix them, because there seems to be something
> seriously wrong.

Thanks a lot. I hope I can do it by myself. My understanding of problems with those patterns is that the author incorrectly specified groups of letters (E.g.: made 'ь' a consonant which is incorrect) and this lead to conflicts since there are special rules for ь ' й ў.
BTW, I found another variant of patterns in OpenOffice [1]
It doesn't include impossible combinations (mostly) and even have some exceptions from general rules.

There are still some duplicates and conflicts.
E.g.:
ь8ь ь1ь % 'ьь' is an impossible combination anyway
.пад1ж д8ж
.пад1з д8з

Actually .пад1ж should override д8ж
I.e.:
.пад7ж д4ж
.пад7з д4з

Is this correct?

It seems to me this is a better starting point.

And one more question:
If I need to prohibit hyphenation before й or ў can I write 8й 8ў ?
Or I need write all possible combinations of vowel + й|ў ?

Thanks and regards,
Maksim.

[1] https://gist.github.com/msalau/21bebeaf87a5b22a8020b37dc8afaf21