[tex-hyphen] [Trennmuster] Renaming plain pattern files in hyph-utf8: feedback?

Guenter Milde milde at users.sf.net
Tue Apr 19 14:27:03 CEST 2016

On 19.04.16, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> > Plus, I believe that we need a short document explaining some weird
> > names like mul-ethi, la-x-classic, de-1901, ... so that anyone else
> > using the patterns outside of the TeX would would get at least a
> > slight idea what these are.

>   I think we should write in huge letters "we use BCP47" and let people
> educate themselves.

Usually a link to the reference is the way to go.

    # (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt) and
    # http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb29-3/tb93miklavec.pdf

> It's not something we made up,

and therefore it is actually so that anyone outside the TeX world would be
more likely to understand this than "german" vs. "ngerman", say.

> it's the most comprehensive and flexible language tagging system, used
> by HTTP, MIME, XML, HTML and all the Web standards, Unicode, Microsoft
> ... it's time more attention was paid to it.

Günter