[tex-hyphen] About to upload hyphen-churchslavonic.zip to CTAN - review for correctness, please

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:39:01 CEST 2016

On 17 April 2016 at 22:28, Mike Kroutikov wrote:
> Hi Arthur and Mojca
>
>>   I just installed them (see
>> http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen?view=revision&revision=744),
>> thanks for the contribution.  I haven’t made run tests yet but
>> everything does seem all right and your approach certainly is thorough.
>
> Thank you! What else needs to be done to make TeXLive install these
> patterns?

>From your side nothing really. We just need to upload the latest
version of hyph-utf8 to CTAN. Unless you are in a hurry, it might take
us a few weeks (hopefully less than that) to polish some other aspects
of the package, but the patterns should end up in TeX Live 2016.

OK, we'll need a nicely formatted header with a bit more information
about the patterns / authors / licence, but we'll come back to you to
confirm the contents.
(And it would probably also be nice to include some
explanation/documentation about how the patterns were generated. But
that's optional.)

> I believe we need a TeXLive package (tlpsrc / tlpobj). How to make
> it happen?

These files are auto-generated for hyphenation patterns. The file that
is needed for churchslavonic is here:

http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/TL/tlpkg/tlpsrc/hyphen-churchslavonic.tlpsrc?view=markup&pathrev=745

>>   I see you’ve also written gloss-churchslavonic.ldf and since I’m the
>> (lonely) Polyglossia maintainer you’re welcome to send it to me when
>> it’s ready; or rather just tell me and I’ll fetch it from GitHub.
>
> Great! But please note that polyglossia work is not finished yet. Our next
> step is to push to CTAN a font collection (package "fonts-churchslavonic").
> After that macros/styles and support for standard LaTeX packages will be
> polished. Probably another month or so is required
> to put everything in place and write user manual. I will ping you when
> things are ready.

See also https://www.tug.org/texlive/ and try to catch the deadline
for inclusion into TL 2016.