[tex-hyphen] Renaming plain pattern files in hyph-utf8: feedback?

Claudio Beccari claudio.beccari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:33:52 CEST 2016

I solved it this afternoon, without using the lua scripting language; my
solution is a horrible patch, but is totally hidden from the final user.
What I complain is the week or so that I spent on this problem without
finding any useful information on the documentation. The answers I found
on the other mailing list somehow gave me a hint in the right direction,
but none of them worked directly out of the box; I don't know luatex at
all; I am too old to learn it (my neurons are not as vivacious as those
of a young man). Therefore I had to find the solution by using normal
high level language, although I can handle pretty well primitive TeX
commands.

In any case thanks a lot.

Claudio