[tex-hyphen] Names of files in OFFO

Luis Bernardo lmpmbernardo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:29:28 CEST 2016

Sorry for the delay in following up with this discussion.

I thought about this and I think the best solution is to add an
extension to FOP to handle the cases that cannot nicely fit in language
plus country pattern. FOP already has extensions (new XML elements or
attributes) to handle situations that do not fall inside the scope of
the XSL spec, and this will be another situation. In practical terms, I
will remove from the repository the files that were incorrectly named
and that triggered this discussion. FOP users that want, say, to
hyphenate classical Latin, will then need to use the original file name
in the repository.

I will also use this opportunity to clarify that most FOP users use it
to generate PDF and other print formats. I think that among those users
some do indeed use Latin!