[tex-hyphen] Moving files from hyph-utf8 package to hyphen-{language} in TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:57:44 CEST 2016

Dear Karl,

I committed an experimental "split" of hyph-utf8 into logical units
for TeX Live:
    http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=40340
but I didn't try to run any tests.

I might have missed some files or accidentally introduced some
duplication, so please do some consistency checks.

-----------

At the moment installing hyphen-{language} just adds the corresponding
entry to language.{dat|def|dat.lua}, but all the hyphenation patterns
come bundled in hyph-utf8, so everyone gets all the files. This split
is more logical because users would now also install the actual
hyphenation patterns rather than just a "ghost package".

Sometimes people doing the packaging for Linux distributions asked us
why packages were empty and I hope that this should resolve the
confusion.

(Before anyone asks: no, we don't plan to split the hyph-utf8
repository itself.)

Thank you,