[tex-hyphen] German hyphenation of "Methode"

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Mar 27 06:22:09 CET 2015

>> Example, please.  It's not clear to me what you want to achieve.
>
> "Even if LHM = 2 and RHM = 2, do not hyphenate any word of less than
> five letters".

Thanks.  No, this is not possible, AFAIK.  Honestly, I don't a
practical use for that.

Instead, I would rather prefer to have a means to make \hyphenation
work regardless of LHM and RHM settings, e.g.

  \documentclass[DIV=8, paper=A8]{scrartcl}

  \usepackage{ngerman}

  \lefthyphenmin 3
  \righthyphenmin 3

  \hyphenation{xx-yy}

  \begin{document}
  xxyy xxyy xxyy xxyy
  xxyy xxyy xxyy xxyy
  \end{document}

Then I could add a list of short German words where 2-2 hyphenation
looks OK.

    Werner