[tex-hyphen] No hyphenation patterns found

stehlampen at arcor.de stehlampen at arcor.de
Sat Jan 3 12:45:11 CET 2015

Hello,

I´m using MikTeX (recently updated), XeTeX and the language "german". If
I load the language with Polyglossia, I will get the following errors:
Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \l at german
l.124 \begin{document}

Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \l at german
l.20 \select at language {german}

gloss-german.ldf
<texworks:D:%5CPeter%5CMikTeX%5Ctex%5Clatex%5Cpolyglossia%5Cgloss-german.ldf#6>

6

Package polyglossia Warning: \setlocalhyphenmin useless for unknown
language german on input line 6.

gloss-german.ldf
<texworks:D:%5CPeter%5CMikTeX%5Ctex%5Clatex%5Cpolyglossia%5Cgloss-german.ldf#57>

57

Package polyglossia Warning: You asked for `ngerman' but only `german'
hyphenation is available! on input line 57.

followed by some overfull hboxes.

Because I knew that it´s a bug in polyglossia
(http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/98270/faulty-output-because-of-polyglossia-issue)
(How can I send a bug report to the maintainers?), I´ve examined the
languages.ini. For the language german, the entry is:

[german]
loader=loadhyph-de-1901.tex
lefthyphenmin=2
righthyphenmin=2
patterns=hyph-de-1901.pat.txt
hyphenation=hyph-de-1901.hyp.txt

My problem: The hyphenation file hyph-de-1901.hyp.txt contains 0 Bytes -
it´s clear that LaTeX can´t find hyphenation patterns. I assume that
somewhere, LaTeX is sent to a false file. Could someone help me?

Many thanks in advance.!