[tex-hyphen] License of hyphenation patterns

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Dec 11 14:44:54 CET 2015

> Just to add that I assume the issue is not the LPPL (or GPL or ...) per
> se but that your use case requires a very 'permissive' license: correct?

  I'll let Xiangye reply to that part since I don't know anything about
the project, but I'm curious about your interpretation of the LPPL: do
you see it as a copyleft licence on par with the GPL?  That's
interesting; I would myself have said it was essentially a free-for-all,
permissive licence, with, obviously, the addition of the "renamed if
modified" clause.

	Best,

		Arthur