[tex-hyphen] Replacing hyphenation patterns file due to License modification

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 10 15:07:19 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 09, 2015 at 04:27:37PM +0100, Martijn van der Lee wrote:
> I also wonder if this would require LaTeX to include an additional
> copyright statement in it's documentation and/or binary.

  Hyphenation patterns are not part of the LaTeX kernel and are not included in
any TeX-related executable.  The only binary that contains them is the format
file, that does not have a copyright statement as it is generated automatically
on the user's machine, and never distributed.  The licence of hyphenation
patterns has thus never had any incidence on the rest of TeX distributions, as
long of course as it was compatible with the distribution's own licence.

	Best,

		Arthur