[tex-hyphen] luatex and file names

Javier Bezos listas at tex-tipografia.com
Tue Aug 11 16:33:35 CEST 2015

Arthur,

>    If you'd like to make changes to the data that's included in the
> format I'm more than happy to discuss it; the only people using that
> information must be you and me anyway ;-)

Well, what I was wondering is if we need to load any
data at all (except english for compatibility). If it
can be loaded at runtime, then this is the best place,
because the format itself doesn't need it. Furthermore,
I think this improves compatibility, because we never
know how the format was built (and also think of local
patterns). This also open hyphenation to packages (patterns
based on rules are easy to program even in TeX, as mkpattern
does, for example).

>> A very complete answer, indeed. You should consider the
>> possibility of publishing it on CTAN (or including it
>> in other manual), including...
>
>    I wrote an article about it in TUGboat seven years ago, but I've got
> used to the fact that nobody reads it :-P
>
> 	http://tug.org/TUGboat/tb29-3/tb93miklavec.pdf

Well, but it's not CTAN :-). To find it, people must be aware
of its existence. I'll have a look at it.

Cheers
Javier