[tex-hyphen] luatex and file names

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Aug 9 12:52:47 CEST 2015

Hans Hagen wrote:

>> - Is there any convention as how hyphenation files should be named?
>>    Apparently most of them follow the pattern (load)hyph-LL (LL
>>    = lang iso code) and (load)hyph-LL-SSSS (SSSS = script iso code),
>>    but not all. (And of course, the encoding in the form .ec.)
>
> In most cases this is macro package dependent (as each can have their
> own demands).

I do not follow this, Hans :  if macro package X expects hyphenation
files to be named hyph-LL-SSSS, and macro package Y expects them to be
named hyph-SSSS-LL (for example), does this imply that a single
hyphenation file must have two names if it is to be usable by both
packages ?  To me, it would seem sensible for there to be a single
convention by which hyphenation files are named, and for all packages to
support that convention.

** Phil.