[tex-hyphen] Problem With Hyphenation for Bahasa Indonesia

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 25 17:53:17 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Masrosid Dua wrote:

> As for example of properly hyphenated words to tex-hyphen, I can't provide
> right now, since I am in internet cafe, while the document is on my PC in my
> house. But if it is important, maybe this document should be useful.
> http://iwayan.info/LaTeX/TEMPLATE_PI_Skirpsi_Tesis_Desertasi_2011/Penulisan%20Skripsi/MainTemplateSkripsi.pdf
>
> The document above is Bachelor Theses (am I right?how do you say it in
> english?) of the one who made the modification of the pattern rule.

> Unfortunately that is in Bahasa Indonesia too.

Fortunately google translate exists nowadays which is useful at least
to get a rough idea about the contents ;)

> On page 33 on the document there is a table displaying the differences
> between before and after modification.

Something relatively useful would be if the author (or anyone else)
was willing to translate the relevant parts (no need to translate the
introduction about the beginnings of typesetting, just the part about
the hyphenation) and publish it as a separate document on CTAN or even
as a part of hyph-utf8.

> On my document I made, here are examples of words that is not properly
> hyphenated: memerlukan ==> memerluk-an, skripsi ==> skr-psi, and some other
> words ended with -kan. Those are the result of using the original
> hyph-id.tex
>
> While using the modified version the result is: memerlukan ==> memerlu-kan,
> skripsi ==> skrp-si.

Thank you.

I really hope that the original authors will respond.