[tex-hyphen] tex-hyphen Digest, Vol 55, Issue 5

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 13 00:59:43 CEST 2014

> It fails on that too:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \hyphenrules ... at patterns {#1}\languageshorthands
>                                                   {none}\expandafter
> \ifx \c...
> l.10 \hyphenrules{pali}

  Are you actually using Babel in your document?

> I don't think it uses my hyphenation rules, I cleaned the rules file
> (left only one rule), run the fmtutil --byfmt xelatex and recompiled the
> file, but the resulting pdf looks identical (there is 2 byte difference
> in size, but I can't see difference in text).

  The printout at the beginning of the TeX run is just a list of all the
hyphenation patterns that are dumped into the format; it doesn't mean
that Babel is actually loaded (in spite of the message!), so you might
want to call it explicitly in your document.

	Best,

		Arthur