[tex-hyphen] New language classiclatin – question about the language code

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Jun 3 15:29:50 CEST 2014

> May be it is time to use IETF language tags:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF_language_tag#Syntax_of_language_tags

  We've done that from day one.  But as Mojca remarked, there is no
subtag for Classical Latin in the registry (and in fact no subtag for
Latin at all).

  Mojca, in the mean time, using the one allocated by the Linguist list
(according to you, I didn't check) seems acceptable.  We can be overly
formal and use "la-x-cla" to emphasise that it's a private tag, but it
doesn't seem necessary.

	Arthur