[tex-hyphen] New language classiclatin – question about the language code

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:44:32 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I have just received a request to add new patterns to hyph-utf8.

So I have a new challenge for Arthur (or anyone else who wants to add
something): what language code should we use? Should a new language
tag be requested to distinguish between modern and classic Latin? Is
there maybe a way that a single set of patterns could satisfy both (or
would the same word be hyphenated differently in classical and
"modern(?)" Latin)?

Wikipedia lists the following variants:

Archaic Latin
Classical Latin
Vulgar Latin
Medieval Latin
Renaissance Latin
Early modern Latin
Modern Latin

so in case of asking for new tags I'm not even sure which ones should
be requested.

(We didn't even learn how to hyphenate at our Latin lessons, let alone
any differences between different "versions/variants" of Latin, so I
cannot comment on anything ;)

Mojca