[tex-hyphen] Hyphenation of polytonic Greek (expressed in Unicode)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Sep 12 17:47:42 CEST 2013

I am just starting to produce the first page proofs of a forthcoming
catalogue of Greek MSS in the Lambeth Palace Library, and of course
the polytonic Greek in the text is failing to hyphenate.  I have
two questions (please bear in mind that I use XeTeX, not XeLaTeX) :

1) Are there patterns available for polytonic Greek expressed in
Unicode (and if so, a link or pointer would be helpful)

2) If a paragraph contains a mixture of both English and polytonic
Greek, is it possible for both languages to be correctly hyphenated,
and if so, how ?

Many thanks in advance :
Philip Taylor
--