[tex-hyphen] cleaning up CTAN: eurotex package

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 12 23:37:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a desire to clean up the hyphenation patterns on CTAN a bit
(probably it won't be ready by the TL 2013 freeze period, but still).

I've found various outdated packages, and this one seems to be one of them:
    http://ctan.org/pkg/eurotex
containing some old versions of hyphenation patterns for Italian,
German, ... (and a few other languages).

First of all, I don't know whether and how this package was used in
past, but my question is: should packages like this one get some kind
of "archive" marker? Maybe just a tag (topic), maybe in some other way
(there is an "obsolete" folder on CTAN already). It would probably be
a pity to simply delete some old monuments (I don't know this package,
so I don't know how important it was), but what do you think about the
idea in general?