[tex-hyphen] hyph-utf8 update

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 18:46:23 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
> On 27 May 2013 00:45, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>>
>> > Whether or not this is sufficient to just stick LPPL to the Georgian
>> > patterns I don't know.
>>
>>   In my opinion it is.
>
> In mine too.  I feel sure Levan intends his Georgian patterns to be
> distributed freely.  Mojca, I think you should add the LPPL license
> statement to the top of the file, tell Levan what you've done (and it's
> basis in the mailman post you cited), and offer him the opportunity to
> object if he wishes, as long as it's before the new TL goes out.
>
> As always, "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

Hi,

Levan replied today and also sent me a new version of patterns (I
believe that he regenerated the patterns with a different value of
hyphenmin, but maybe he also did something else, I'm not sure).

So I reintroduced the patterns under LPPL licence to the repository:
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=648

I'll wait a bit for his feedback and to see if anything else pops up
in the meantime (there is no hurry to update anything since TL is
frozen now anyway) and upload a new version of hyph-utf8 to CTAN after
a while.

Levan, thank you for the contribution.