[tex-hyphen] multiple patterns files

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:52:46 CEST 2013

(Sorry for the totally off-topic reply)

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
> What is this 8-bit of which you speak?  I have heard tell of such, in the
> ancient tales.

We had optic fibers installed at our home today. The machine which was
used to do the measurements stored the data to a 3.5" floppy drive. I
was amazed, but apparently this machinery was used by the army years
ago and does the job a lot better than the latest and a lot more
expensive equipment.

I still tend to believe that the 8 bits from the ancient tales (which
is probably what 90% are still using) work better in many
circumstances than the 64-bit latest-and-greatest software from some.