[tex-hyphen] Enable hyphenation of first word

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 1 15:51:04 CET 2013

Hi all,

For some non-standard usage I need to enable hyphenation on the first
word of a sentence. I discovered that this is not enabled by default.

With some help from Piet van Oostrum I got it working by inserting an
explicit glue, such as \hskip 0pt plus 0pt, before the first word.

In order to help others find out easily what the standard hyphenation of
the first word is and how to override it I would like to propose that
this will get included in polyglossia's documentation.

However, I could not find an email address where to report this so I
report it here. Could someone forward this to Arthur Reutenauer and
maintainers of other packages that enable hyphenation in TeX?

Thanks and best wishes for 2013,

Pander