[tex-hyphen] pattern stability (was: gswiss in language.dat)

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Fri Dec 6 01:31:09 CET 2013

Am 05.12.2013 23:45, schrieb Karl Berry:

> Anyway ... Stephan, what's your point/concern?

Just wondering, if it makes sense to freeze Swiss patterns immediately
as soon as there's Swiss language support.  For 8 bit TeX.  Or not at
all.  Thinking about this, I couldn't get my head around the fact that
16 bit TeX is at version < 1.0, and I don't know if the answer depends
on that version.  Too many choices ...

If Swiss patterns aren't frozen for 8 bit TeX there's no need to cover
Swiss in package dehyph-exptl.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig