[tex-hyphen] [Trennmuster] gswiss in language.dat

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Dec 5 19:09:03 CET 2013

Am 05.12.2013 10:54, schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> I would like to change that and always load the patterns by WL, but
> the Germans are sensitive about backward
> compatibility/100%-reproducibility of their documents and WL & the
> team still claim that the patterns are in "experimental" state (that
>  is: planned to keep changing in future), so neither the authors of
> the old patterns nor the authors of the new ones felt comfortable
> changing the default to new patterns.

I think, we've had this discussion before, but let me ask again:  What
is the current plan regarding pattern stability?  I remember an argument
that 16-bit-engine patterns may change arbitrarily as long as neither
XeTeX nor LuaTeX are declared stable (reach version 1.0).  Is there any
plan to freeze patterns for those engines eventually or will they never
be frozen?

> I'm not involved in polyglossia or Babel, but the author of Babel
> recently decided to 100% outsource maintenance of language
> definition files.

Can you point me to such a statement?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig