[tex-hyphen] [Trennmuster] gswiss in language.dat

Stephan Hennig stephanhennig at arcor.de
Tue Dec 3 23:07:18 CET 2013

Am 03.12.2013 19:03, schrieb Stephan Hennig:

> While patterns for Swiss traditional orthography are already shipped
> with package hyph-utf8, I think, the reason they aren't activated so far
> is that there's no language (specifier) that activates them.  Even
> though, in theory, they could be used with packages babel and hyphsubst
> with, say, language 'german'.
>
> If there's an .ldf file for Swiss traditional orthography, I hope
> patterns can be activated in TeX Live, by default.

I'm sorry, I should have checked back before!  Swiss patterns are indeed
already activated in language.dat:

% from hyphen-german:
german loadhyph-de-1901.tex
ngerman loadhyph-de-1996.tex
swissgerman loadhyph-de-ch-1901.tex

That is, no changes needed to package hyph-utf8 for Swiss support.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig