[tex-hyphen] [tex-live] Bug in luatex-hyphen

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 11 22:24:59 CET 2012

    > \usepackage[brazil]{babel}

With LaTeX, portuges.ldf is loaded, as shown by the following:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[brazil]{babel}
\begin{document}
\end{document}

Since I see no "brazil" as an explicit synonym anywhere in our *.tlpsrc
files, I can only surmise that it is an alias built into babel itself :(.

babel.dtx contains the table below.  Since several of those are listed
as synonyms in our *.tlpsrc.  So I suppose no harm will come of adding
brazil as another one.

karl

% \subsection{Languages supported by \Babel}
%
%    In the following table all the languages supported by \Babel\ are
%    listed, together with the names of the options with which you can
%    load \babel\ for each language.
%
%    \begin{center}
%      \tablehead{Language & Option(s)\\\hline}
%      \tabletail{\hline}
%      \begin{supertabular}{l p{8cm}}
%        Afrikaans  & afrikaans\\
%        Bahasa     & bahasa, indonesian, indon, bahasai,
%                     bahasam, malay, meyalu\\
%        Basque     & basque\\
%        Breton     & breton\\
%        Bulgarian  & bulgarian\\
%        Catalan    & catalan\\
%        Croatian   & croatian\\
%        Czech      & czech\\
%        Danish     & danish\\
%        Dutch      & dutch\\
%        English    & english, USenglish, american, UKenglish,
%                     british, canadian, australian, newzealand\\
%        Esperanto  & esperanto\\
%        Estonian   & estonian\\
%        Finnish    & finnish\\
%        French     & french, francais, canadien, acadian\\
%        Galician   & galician\\
%        German     & austrian, german, germanb, ngerman, naustrian\\
%        Greek      & greek, polutonikogreek \\
%        Hebrew     & hebrew \\
%        Hungarian  & magyar, hungarian\\
%        Icelandic  & icelandic \\
%        Interlingua & interlingua \\
%        Irish Gaelic & irish\\
%        Italian    & italian\\
%^^A        Kannada    & kannada \\
%        Latin      & latin \\
%        Lower Sorbian & lowersorbian\\
%^^A        Devnagari  & nagari \\
%        North Sami & samin \\
%        Norwegian  & norsk, nynorsk\\
%        Polish     & polish\\
%        Portuguese & portuges, portuguese, brazilian, brazil\\
%        Romanian   & romanian\\
%        Russian    & russian\\
%^^A        Sanskrit   & sanskrit\\
%        Scottish Gaelic & scottish\\