[tex-hyphen] correct US English hyphenation for Apollodorus?

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Sat Mar 10 21:37:32 CET 2012

hi, pablo,

    which is the correct US English dictionary for Apollodorus?

    ConTeXt hyphenates it as Apol-lodorus, but I wonder whether there are no
    other hyphenation points.

this word isn't in the "reference dictionary"
(we're using webster's 3rd new international),
but clearly, since "apol-lo" is a word on its
own, a hyphen would be appropriate following
that stem: "apol-lo-dorus".  i'll add it to
the exceptions list (which will be updated
in the next issue of tugboat).

    Thanks for your help,

    Pablo

no problem.  i follow this list, since i'm
interested in the topic.  but if anyone
finds a definite exception, it can be sent
direct to me for in the exceptions list.
cheers.						-- bb