[tex-hyphen] new Catalan hyphenation patterns

Jaume Ortolà i Font jaumeortola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:52:16 CET 2012

Hi,

I have created a new Catalan hyphenation file (see attachment).

The new patterns have been checked against a dictionary (Gran Diccionari de
la Llengua Catalana, Enciclopèdia Catalana, www.diccionari.cat), with 100%
valid results. The patterns cover all the exceptions, except for one word
that can be hyphenated in two ways depending on its meaning (àcid
per-iò-dic, un pe-ri-ò-dic). There remain a dozen rare words that are
unclear even for the mentioned dictionary redactors, which I have consulted.

(left,right)-hyphenmin can be now (1,1), which allows valid hyphenations
like "l'e-mulació", although "e-mulació" is generally undesirable and
avoided.

The current Catalan hyphenation file contains 895 patterns, and the new one
1499.

Please, mention my contribution as "Jaume Ortolà i Font, 2012 (
www.riuraueditors.cat), jaumeortola at gmail.com".

These patterns are already being distributed in other formats
(Libre/OpenOffice).

Regards,
Jaume Ortolà
www.riuraueditors.cat