[tex-hyphen] ptex and language.def

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:19:11 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:01, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> If Mojca wants to make dehyph-exptl work with platex, she can
>>> include your changes or do something else.
>>
>> The problem is that this is not my package. It's maintained by
>> Werner Lemberg and Stephan Hennig. By far the easiest change to make
>> dehyph-exptl work with pTeX would be simply loading
>> hyph-de-xxxx.ec.tex instead of nothing. But as already explained,
>> that wouldn't bring much benefit to pTeX users either.
>
> I have no time to work on this, sorry.  Maybe Stephan, but I doubt it.
>
> In case anyone is contributing patches, we are glad to review and
> apply them.

I have no problem sending you patches, but you need to tell me what
your source is and which option you want to support:
a) having a separate set of patterns
b) loading patterns from hyph-utf8 (for pTeX only; that would be the
easiest and good enough in my opinion)

I would really not like to change date of patterns just for the sake
of this tiny change since patterns themselves would remain the same.