[tex-hyphen] ptex and language.def

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Apr 17 06:22:14 CEST 2012

Hi Akira,

On Di, 17 Apr 2012, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Master/texmf-dist/tex/platex/config/hyphen.cfg
> which should be used by platex and uplatex, to show
> language information at startup, contain the word language.ptx.
> http://members2.jcom.home.ne.jp/wt1357ak/hyphen.cfg
> replace language.ptx ---> language.dat only.

Yes, as said, I was looking at my local installation with this
change already done ;-)

> Present one disables dehyph-exptl in platex and uplatex,
> http://members2.jcom.home.ne.jp/wt1357ak/dehyph-exptl.zip
> enables it also in platex and uplatex.

Ok, but I would say we leave that to Mojca to decide.

For now I have
- changed language.ptx to .dat in texmf-dist/tex/platex/config/hyphen.cfg
- remove texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/config/ directory including
  the language.ptx file.
svn 26006.

> You can remove the word "ptexgeneric" in texmf.cnf, after
> removing the directory ptexgeneric.

There are still files there, namely in
	texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/hyphen/
there are
	grahyph5.tex  grmhyph5.tex  grphyph5.tex  ibyhyph.tex
So I didn't do that for now.

If Mojca wants to make dehyph-exptl work with platex, she can
include your changes or do something else.

Mojca, I also assume that you know why there are these 4 files
in the ptexgeneric/hyphen/ ...

Thanks everyone

Norbert