[tex-hyphen] ptex and language.def

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 00:00:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 20:44, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 01:25, Norbert Preining  wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Just FYI I have yesterday removed the ptex specific language.def
>> and have added a patch to eptex.src from Kitagawa-san to make
>> it possible to read the default (generated by tlmgr) language.def.
>>
>> Changes were done in svn rev 24893
>>
>> We will soon include a few more changes, but mainly as preparation
>> for inclusion of uptex and relatives during the TL2012 freeze.
>
> Thank you very much. But while you are at it: what about language.ptx?
>    Master/texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/config/language.ptx

Please let me know if there is anything new about that. Simply
replacing language.ptx with language.dat in
    /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
and deleting language.ptx works for me already since some dehyph-exptl
update (and the last one was in 2011). dehyph-exptl itself doesn't
work (empty patterns), but it is not even needed (pTeX already loads
the latest patterns).

In case that you decide to remove language.ptx, you can actually
delete the whole texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/ since the only reason for
existence of five remaining hyphenation files was the ability to
enable greek hyphenation in platex without dependence on hyphen-greek.

Thank you,