[tex-hyphen] tl2011-pretest: loadhyph-sr-cyrl.tex still not activated by default?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Jun 3 17:19:08 CEST 2011

> It's not a technical problem. It's just a question of how I should
> organize the files (and it will be a bit nasty to rewrite the
> conversion code that is so nicely based on the one-to-one mapping :).

  Well, if we have a file with both the Latin and the Cyrillic patterns
in UTF-8, it's possible to make 8-bit TeX engines ignore the Cyrillic
ones by mapping all the relevant characters to an empty token list.
Then again, you also need to do that with digits (and the dot), since
otherwise you would have patterns consisting only of digits, and TeX
probably doesn't like that (that said, I haven't tested it).  But it of
course seems cleaner to just maintain the two files separately.

	Arthur