[tex-hyphen] tl2011-pretest: loadhyph-sr-cyrl.tex still not activated by default?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:47:43 CEST 2011

2011/6/1 Nikola Lečić wrote:

>> Nobody has ever complained about broken Serbian patterns.
>
> I have complained, last year. :-) And since the fix was so easy, I was
> silent before. (It looked to me that nobody else cared...)

There are hardly any Serbian users around and those that are don't
appear on mailing lists. It is weird enough that nobody ever cared to
add Cyrillic support for pdfTeX to any of the TeX distributions. There
are probably also no Serbian users of ConTeXt.

I have now fixed support for XeTeX, so that both serbian and serbianc
include both sets:
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen?view=revision&revision=524

But I need a suggestion for LuaTeX. At the moment there are two (times
four) files:
    hyph-sr-latn{.pat,.hyp,.chr,.lic}.txt
    hyph-sr-cyrl

There are a few options:
- merge them all into hyph-sr (but I'm not sure how exactly to treat
licences; maybe just stick one after the other; not that it matters
much since the licence texts are not very well formatted anyway)
- have three different files (hyph-sr, hyph-sr-latn, hyph-sr-cyrl)

What should the tlpsrc file point to? Should serbianc be nil in luatex
and serbian contain both?