[tex-hyphen] new upload to CTAN

Takayuki YATO (ZR) zrbabbler at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Jan 16 09:05:47 CET 2011

Hello Mojca,

--- Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greek patterns depend on Greek language package being installed.
> Should I desable Greek for a moment (and wait until somebody starts
> complaining)? I see that there is an exact copy of ibycus patterns in
> ptexgeneric.

I think for the pattern entry "ancientgreek" the approach "if the engine
is pTeX then load (unmodified) grahyph5.tex (as in other non-Unicode
engines) will perfectly work. Do you mean there is some concern about
this approach?

Among the "multilingual" pTeX users (ie. those who write languages
other than English and Japanese on pTeX), the Greek language (in
particular the ancient Greek) seems to me to have relatively
high popularity. Indeed, to employ the ancientgreek pattern is not
an easy task for general pLaTeX users, because Babel (and Ibycus)
does not automatically choose the suitable pattern for the designated
variant of Greek languages (while Polyglossia does).

Best regards,
  Takayuki YATO (aka. "ZR")