[tex-hyphen] new upload to CTAN

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:20:32 CET 2011

2011/1/14 Akira Kakuto <kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp>:
> Hi Mojca,
>
>> 3.2.) currently not usable in pTeX (fails to work):
>> % from dehyph-exptl:
>> german-x-2009-06-19 dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex
>> =german-x-latest
>> ngerman-x-2009-06-19 dehyphn-x-2009-06-19.tex
>> =ngerman-x-latest
>
> I think language.ptx can be the same as language.dat,

I commited the changes and would kindly ask for additional check & testing.

> of course by commenting out the above not-usable lines.

Hmmm ...
Akira, something else just came to my mind.

% Pattern files used here which are modified for pTeX have the -ptex
% suffix.  Pattern files used here which are unmodified are copies from
% the main tree (with no name change), so that the pTeX format can be
% made even when those languages are not installed.

Greek patterns depend on Greek language package being installed.
Should I desable Greek for a moment (and wait until somebody starts
complaining)? I see that there is an exact copy of ibycus patterns in
ptexgeneric.

Karl, may I ask you to do
    svn cp texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/grahyph5.tex \
        texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric/hyphen/
if we decide to keep Greek patterns (since I don't have the whole SVN
tree checked out)? On the other hand they may be of limited usability
for pTeX, so leaving them out is equally valid until somebody requests
them ...

> You can move language.ptx into texmf/tex/generic/config, and
> remove texmf-dist/tex/ptexgeneric.

I would first like to see if this all works well. There are some files
still left in ptexgeneric anyway.

Thanks to everyone,