[tex-hyphen] new upload to CTAN

Steve Peter speter at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 03:46:33 CET 2011

On Jan 13, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 03:14, Steve Peter wrote:
>>> 1.) In language.ptx there are some weird names (-> language.dat):
>>> - samin -> swedish
>>
>> Surely these aren't meant to be equivalent, or am I missing something?
>
> I suspect there was an oversight. There is indeed samin.ldf in babel
> (which might even use the same patterns as Swedish; I have no idea).

I would hope the hyphenation is different, since Sami is a Uralic language, and Swedish is Indo-European. I would expect the hyphenation patterns for Sami to be more similar to Finnish than to Swedish. (My background is in IE, rather than Uralic, so I may well be wrong.)

> Bahasa Indonesia seems like a synonym for Indonesian to me,

That makes sense. Bahasa Indonesia simply means "The language of Indonesia", so it is equivalent to Indonesian.

Steve