[tex-hyphen] Afrikaans hyphenation patterns

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 16:02:45 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 01:20, Karl Berry wrote:
>    Once the new package gets to CTAN, here's the tlpsrc file to be used
>    (values 2/2 were simply inherited from Dutch without a deeper
>    thought):
>
> How about asking your South African participant?
> Or whoever created the patterns for ooo?

The first one and the author of new patterns (ongoing project, not
finished yet) both confirmed 2/2. The author of ooo patterns didn't
respond yet.

>    We would like to ask for some testing before it gets included,
>
> Wouldn't it be easier, not to say better, to test before releasing?

Yes, I completely agree.
I need to figure out how to properly test for TeX Live. (Postponing
the task to late October unless Arthur wants to work on it earlier.)
Back in 2008 we simply "hired" Norbert to test for any problems in TL.

>    in particular we have not tested the LuaTeX part
>
> Well, you know how to test luatex better than I do.

(I need to consult the LuaTeX part of our team. If nothing else, we
should create an automated test suite.)

>    and if any values of memory limitations might need to be changed.
>
> I could rebuild pdflatex.fmt with af included, so fortunately not, it
> seems.

I need to remove MacTeX 2009 and install MacTeX 2010. I have a minimal
TL 2010 installation, but using that one is not sufficient to test for
sufficient memory.

We do run the basic tests that usually reveal duplicated patterns and
other most obvious problems that would break the format building.

> So ... I committed the new version.  Thanks.

Thanks a lot.