[tex-hyphen] new website

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 19 00:12:36 CEST 2010

    http://www.tug.org/tex-hyphen/
    (Seriously - if anyone has problems displaying the page, let me know.)

I can see a lot of work went into it, so thanks/congratulations in general.

However, although I don't have a "problem" displaying it, exactly, I
have to report that it is not especially readable or good-looking in my
browser.

- links now seem to be indicated only by a nearly-invisible white underline.
- truncated at the bottom of the window.
- the medium purple background is highly distracting, to my eyes.
- the logo isn't transparent (try
  http://www.tug.org/images/logonavyongreytransp.png, or roll your own).
- uses only about 2/3 of my window.
- the "TeX" logo looks rather spread out, though admittedly it's not
  awful.  Still, logo problems in CSS are so endemic that I find it much
  more plausible to just not even try.  (\LaTeX is even worse.)

Screenshot attached.

Content remarks:

- I strongly advise not having the link to "Live Demo" (inconsistent
capitalization BTW, wrt "Supported languages") until there actually is a
demo.

- hyph-utf8 "maintainers" might be more accurate/less charged than
  "authors".  (http://www.tug.org/tex-hyphen/#introduction)

- can you please add "- TeX Users Group" to the <title>.

Best,
Karl